ACT Health offer a falls program which works with individuals and other community organisations to raise awareness on how to prevent falls in older adults.
The Falls and Falls Injury Prevention Program has services for clients aged 65 years and over, and Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islanders aged 55 years and over. Their services include:
- Prevention and early intervention
- Providing and developing local community education activities and resources
- Providing individual advice and information
- Education programmes for medical and other healthcare staff
- Stepping On (a community-based education program for clients over 70 years highlighting fall risk factors and prevention strategies)
Please visit the website or contact the Community Health Centre intake line on (02) 5124 9977 for more information.
This is a free service